Updated: Dec 30, 2019
Grilled Salmon with Asparagus and Arugula
· 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, boneless and skinless
· Kosher salt and black pepper
· 2 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
· 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed
· Juice of half a lemon
· 12 oz. arugula
· 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
· ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
· Lemon slices, for serving
1. Begin this keto friendly meal by rinsing the salmon fillets.
2. Pat the fillets dry.
3. Run your hands along each salmon fillet to check for pin bones.
4. Season both sides of each fillet with salt and black pepper.
5. Prepare a grill or grill pan for high heat cooking.
6. Lightly oil the grates with one tablespoon of avocado oil or heat the oil in your grill pan, if using.
7. Grill for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned on one side.
8. Meanwhile, toss the asparagus with the remaining avocado oil.
9. Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
10. Grill for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
11. Flip the salmon and grill for an additional 3-4 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches a safe 145 degrees F.
12. Remove the salmon and asparagus from the grill.
13. Drizzle the lemon juice over the fish.
14. Plate the salmon and asparagus alongside the arugula and tomatoes.
15. Finish the keto friendly meal with crushed red pepper for some spice.